Hyper Networks Event Terms and Conditions
HYPER NETWORKS Event Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: June 20, 2022
These terms and conditions (these “Terms”) govern your registration for and participation at any Hyper Networks event (the “Event”) and are an agreement between Hyper Networks, LLC (“Hyper Networks,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and you. You represent to us that you are authorized to enter into these Terms. Please see Section 14 for definitions of certain capitalized terms used in these Terms.
1. You may only register for and attend the Event in accordance with these Terms. Unless the Event’s registration webpage specifies otherwise or we expressly inform you otherwise, you must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of the Event. We may also change the Event program at any time in our sole discretion. You will at all times comply with the Hyper Networks Code of Conduct.
2. Your safety and security are important to us. You understand that you may be asked to provide photo identification or other reasonable and unintrusive security measures. If you refuse to participate in these security measures, we may deny you entry. We also reserve the right to ask you to leave the Event if your behavior causes us concern for the safety or security of Event attendees. If we deny you entry or require you to leave, you will not receive a refund.
3. By participating in the Event experiences, you agree that we may derive information from recordings of your voice and images of your face and retain and use all resulting information.
4. You grant us, our affiliates, and our independent contractors the right to record, film, photograph, and capture your voice and image in any media at the Event (the “Recordings”). You grant to Hyper Networks irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, and translate, for any purpose relating to our business, all or any part of the Recordings. We may edit the Recordings, use them alone or together with other information, and allow others to use and disseminate them. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive any moral rights you may have in the Recordings.
Each party will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes and other governmental fees, charges, penalties, interest, and additions to such taxes that are imposed on that party upon or with respect to the transactions and payments under these Terms. All fees payable by you are exclusive of applicable taxes and duties, including, without limitation, VAT, excise taxes, sales and transaction taxes, and gross receipts taxes (“Indirect Taxes”).
6. If registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, cancellation instructions and the Event’s refund policy will be listed on the Event’s registration webpage. We may cancel the Event at any time for reasons including, for example, availability or suitability of venue or speakers or on security, health, or safety grounds, and we may deny, limit, or cancel your Event registration at any time. We are not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation. If we cancel the Event or your registration and you are in compliance with these Terms, we will issue you a refund of your Event registration fee in accordance with the refund policy provided during registration.
7. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary, and you understand the nature of the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that you solely assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event.
8. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you (for yourself, your heirs, dependents, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf or as a result of your death or injury) hereby release Hyper Networks and its respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Recordings.
9. Limitations of Liability.
WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, FOR (A) INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR (B) LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, CUSTOMERS, OPPORTUNITIES, OR GOODWILL. IN ANY CASE, OUR AND OUR AFFILIATES’ AND LICENSORS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED USD $100. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 10 APPLY ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
10. The failure by us to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a present or future waiver of such provision nor limit our right to enforce such provision at a later time. All waivers by us must be in writing to be effective. If any portion of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. Any invalid or unenforceable portions will be interpreted to effect and intent of the original portion. If such construction is not possible, the invalid or unenforceable portion will be severed from these Terms, but the rest will remain in full force and effect. We and our affiliates will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under these Terms where the delay or failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including acts of God, labor disputes or other industrial disturbances, electrical or power outages, utilities or other telecommunication failures, earthquake, storms, or other elements of nature, blockages, embargoes, riots, acts or orders of government, acts of terrorism, or war.
11. The laws of the State of Nevada, without reference to conflict of law rules, govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between disputing parties.
12. Modifications to these Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the Hyper Networks site. The modified terms will become effective upon posting. By attending the Event after the effective date of any modifications to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified terms. It is your responsibility to check the Hyper Networks website regularly for modifications to these Terms. We last modified these Terms on the date listed at the beginning of these Terms.
13. Entire Agreement; English Language. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and us regarding the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms supersede all prior or contemporaneous representations, understandings, agreements, or communications between you and us, whether written or verbal, regarding the subject matter of these Terms. We will not be bound by, and specifically object to, any term, condition, or other provision that is different from or in addition to the provisions of these Terms (whether or not it would materially alter these Terms). If we provide a translation of the English version of these Terms, the English version of these Terms will control if there is any conflict.
“Hyper Networks Code of Conduct” means the Hyper Networks code of conduct located at https://www.hypernetworks.com/code-of-conduct (and any successor or related site designated by us), as may be updated from time to time.
“Hyper Networks Privacy Notice” means the privacy notice located at https://www.hypernetworks.com/privacy-policy (and any successor or related site designated by us), as may be updated from time to time.